100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do these look like fingerprints?

So, long story short... I lost my sister's camera battery charger, so when she went on an 8 day road trip across the U.S. I kinda had to lend her mine... making it very difficult to photograph things such as my latest projects.

However, while my sister was busy driving through roughly 18 states, I did manage to work on a few things. One new project involved carving out a fingerprint stamp to use as the base of my mysterious 'fingerprint' poem (which just happens to goal #1). I suppose it's not all that mysterious.

I'm still on the fence as to whether the image looks close enough to a fingerprint. I think I might need to make the top part a little rougher around the edges.




I also finished my February book. My plan for my March book is to read 'The Grapes of Wrath' and knock off two goals at once. This, by the way, is not cheating. I am on my March book after all... desperate times...

2 comments:

  1. When I read the first sentence of this post I thought you were referring to MY camera charger... you know, the charger that I just lent you last night. But was glad to read on and realize you were referring to sister #1, not sister #2.

    I love the fingerprint and definitely think it resembles the real deal, though I agree that it could use a bit of roughness around the edges. Did you use your fingerprint for reference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sister #2 to the rescue! I'm sorry that I didn't give you an official shout out.

    I'm planning to fix the finger print stamp this weekend. Hopefully, I don't 'fix' it like I 'fixed' my Nude Descending Stairs stamp. And, no, the fingerprint isn't based on mine, although that would be kind of cool. It's basically just a combination of reference photos and the odd slip of my carving tool :)

    ReplyDelete