100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wonderful December

It was another super busy weekend in the city. Between arts shows, Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, and Christmas cards, I've barely had a moment to think about my own arts projects.

I was extremely excited for City of Craft, which was my first stop on Saturday morning. I had my heart set on a bunch of Snap and Tumble letterpress items and Tanya's table certainly didn't disappoint. If only I had an unlimited budget for beautifully printed paper!

I picked up two carte postales complete with envelopes hand crafted out of old atlas pages, a stunning botanical print card, and two ringed notebooks with letterpress printed covers (which Tanya was kind enough to bring in by special request - much appreciated!). Down the aisle, I also picked up a simple hand-bound journal from Night Jar Books. So lovely.


There were so many other amazing items at the show, but after weeks of crafts and art shows, I really had to keep my budget in check. Plus, my next stop was the Toronto Small Press Book Fair.

The show featured a really interest mix of presses, but I ended up spending the most time at the last table I came across, self-publisher Jen Pilles. Ink drawings! Hand-bound books! Homemade wrapping paper!


After a day of browsing the handmade work of others, I knuckled down and printed my last batch of Christmas cards. Hundreds of reindeer and +30 goodwill messages to co-workers later, I'm finally finished with all Christmas-relating printing. Hooray!


It took all afternoon, but I'm really glad I got them finished because the rest of this week is booked solid with classes and dinners. I'm not sure how many posts I'll get in before next weekend, but I'll do my best to at least write about my last Open Studio class. Up this week - Screenprinting!

No comments:

Post a Comment