100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Monday, December 28, 2009

Back to Grade 10 Art Class

Now that I'm considering taking the full 8 week screen printing course at Open Studio, one of my goals for the winter is to build a new set of drawings to incorporate into potential prints. I'll probably work on ink drawings for the prints because they'll make clearer reproductions, but for now my goal is just some old school practice.

And by old school I mean Grade 10 art class and the classic still life.



Today's experiment revealed that I still have some serious issues with proportion, mainly because I don't plan ahead. Next time I'll have to remember to check the basic shapes for size before starting with the detail. Still, it was fun to work with pencil again and T kindly volunteered to eat the halved apple afterward so that I didn't waste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment