100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back on Track

Wow. I didn’t expect there to be such a long break between my previous post and now.

I’m not really sure why my desire to write suddenly wandered off. It might have had something to do with the summer-weather-in-March miracle we've been enjoying in Toronto. There are other things too – maid of honour activities, long weekends out of the city, newborn babies (Anna!) – Lots of lovely moments to pull me way from my projects. I hope you didn’t mind the absence. I’ll try my best not to be so delinquent again.

A big part of getting back on track has been surveying my list and figuring out what items I’m going to tackle next. We’re a quarter of the way in to the year and I should have 25 items accomplished, but as of today I only have ten. TEN! So it’s time to prioritize and start working.

Up next:

16. Re-read 'Meanwhile'
17. Learn to draw a new font
19. Complete an acrylic painting
21. Brainstorm ideas for a graphic novel
31. Update mailing and contact lists
40. Write 'constellations' poem
43. Begin an ideas journal
46. Enter a poetry competition
52. Start a new literary journal subscription
54. Brainstorm etching ideas
62. Enlarge and frame a group of photos
72. Research the history of the motion picture
76. Watch an Audrey Hepburn movie
83. Buy a blues album
84. Learn the lyrics to the hymn from 'Junebug'
…although not necessarily in this order…

I did manage to make some forward progress on a few of my projects. I finally finished The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles (yes, that would be January’s fiction book for those of you keeping track). I also tracked down a copy of The Emergence of Cinema to satisfy Number 72.


Just flipping through and looking at the old drawings and photos is inspiring!
More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment