100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Friday, June 25, 2010

Graphic Something - Part 1

I started a new project this afternoon that will pull together a bunch of things I've been working on lately. It will incorporate my love of mazes, some writing, some pen and ink sketches in a similar theme to these, and will (hopefully) result in me being able to scratch my graphic story goal off my list.

This was the initial inspiration:


Boring, but necessary - Step 2: Drawing the grid.


Step 3: Plotting the gaps in the maze and drawing (actually, erasing) the correct path in the maze.


Step 4: Filling in the walls and dead ends.


The maze completed in pencil:



I know it doesn't look like there's much of a difference between the two photos above, but the second photo is actually of the maze after I re-drew every line in black pen. Definitely a time consuming process. (I'm not sure exactly how much time I put into this step, but I did hear Katy Perry's 'California Girls' 3 times on the radio as I worked, which, even for a terribly annoying 'summer hit' seems like a lot).


Now, all I need to do is fill in the walls, draw nine tiny pen and ink drawings, and write the lines of my poem 'Nan' throughout the path ways of the maze. Piece of cake :) Hopefully, I'll have Part II up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment