100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things I can't get enough of...

1. Evenings in June
2. Patio dinners + great friends + great conversation
3. A really good, challenging book

Thankfully, I've been getting my fill of all three lately, which is part of the reason my card making and etsy shop progress have been slow. My next two evenings are free for creative work, however, so my carving slump should end shortly. Of course, the really good, challenging book in question is Infinite Jest, so I might not actually get anything done this summer except conquering the +1000 page monster.

Why Infinite Jest, you ask?

Well, I've been a David Foster Wallace fan since Brief Interviews landed on one of my course reading lists in undergrad. Then, I came across Infinite Summer, which is an online challenge for readers around the world to finally roar through the fifty pound paperback.

How could I resist?

Of course, I'm not sure my strategy of adding a huge summer reading challenge to my To Do list is the most effective way of keeping my fledgling creative business on track. I'm chalking it up to 'inspiration' for now, but we'll see how I feel by page 572.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed! I am having a hard time just trying to get through Book 6 of Harry Potter (for the 3rd time though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three times through the Harry Potter series! You have at least 10,000 pages on me, sister.

    ReplyDelete