Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Business Cards x 100, etc...

Today was a very productive day on most fronts. I accomplished three big projects and had a great coffee shop brainstorming session. Lots of new, bizarre ideas that I'll be sure to post here if they turn out well (or end up being amusingly bad).

Project 1 involved finally finishing my doomed Victorian baby carriage stamp. I say doomed because, more than any other stamp I've made, I knew from pretty much the outset that the print was not going to be good. On top of making a few bad cuts while carving the stamp, I also didn't take enough care in planning where the dark and light areas were going to be.

Not unrecognizable, but definitely not salable.

Luckily, Project 2 - printing 100 new business cards - turned out considerably better.

Project 3 involved experimenting with a new product for the etsy shop. I bought some watercolour paper post cards a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get around to stamping them until this afternoon. I tried the french horn and power line stamps, but the heavily textured surface of the paper made it difficult to get a clear print. To my continued surprise, it was the rose stamp that again proved to be much better than I originally imagined. I started out with a single print, but then realized that filling the full card made for a much more interesting and pretty final product.

Even prettier in grey and pink... in my humble opinion.


  1. The watercolour ones are beautiful! A different feel from the others.

  2. Thanks, Erin! I really like them too, but they're also really easy to mess up. For every one that I got right I think there are about 5 mess ups. I might not be an accountant, but I know I'm not going to get very far with that kind of success rate!