100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Creating... with Sugar!

After a few days of feeling under the weather, I rebounded yesterday with some brainstorming and some baking.

My inspiration was a set of fancy cake pans that I received as a wedding gift and had not yet tried out. The pans came with a recipe book and I decided to aim high by selecting the 'Orange and Chocolate Marble Cake' as my test recipe.




My chocolate and orange sauce drizzle didn't really do the cakes any aesthetic justice, but taste-wise everything came together in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! Why were Andrew and I not privy to these? I will forgive you if you try out a new recipe for us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, T.J! You were out of town for the experimental round, but I'm sure I'll be testing out some new recipes shortly. And when it comes to receiving cake, location is everything!

    ReplyDelete