100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sonnet & Mayhem is... considering Facebook?

After a productive weekend, it's literally back to the drawing board for me. I need to keep the new stamps coming so that I have new images to experiment with in my prints. I also need to post some new products on my lonely etsy shop. I've got the cards ready to go, but finding the time to take great pictures and write compelling marketing copy has been harder than I thought.


With my City of Craft application in, I also have more time to focus on some other projects, including continuing to develop the readership of this blog. I'm so happy with the readers I have now (thanks, everyone) and I do hope the number of readers I have grows organically. On the other hand, I need to be proactive about spreading the word about my work in interesting and constructive ways.

One of the big choices I'm wrestling with right now is whether I should set up a Facebook profile (not for Sonnet & Mayhem, but for me personally) or Twitter account. On the surface the decision seems like a no-brainer: more connections = more readers. But I'm also hesitant to branch out into too many online forums and risk spreading my time for the project too thinly. Should I embrace tweets and status updates? I'm still a little on the fence.

Any thoughts on this question would be most welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment