100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Giving Thanks, Hometown Style

I'm heading to my hometown for Thanksgiving and I can't wait to get out of the city for a few days. The weather was amazing last year - perfect for walks out in the wilderness.





The weather doesn't look quite as fun this year, but I'm still hoping to get a least one nice walk through the marsh.

Oh, and in the spirit of the holiday, just a few of the things I'm thankful for:

1. My wonderful husband who is currently battling a terrible cold.

2. My crazy mother who, when I mentioned that T was sick, recommended that I 'put a hex on him' to ward off the illness. Apparently she's been hexing her co-workers for years with great success. (My mother doesn't think she's a witch, by the way, she just believes in the power of hexing.)

3. And while I'm at it, the rest of my crazy family (including those now bound to me through marriage, meaning they're about to experience their first Canadian Christmas!).

4. Handmade Things - The more I make myself, the more I appreciate the incredible work of others.

4 comments:

  1. hexing?!? that's fantastic! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for canadian christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. i really really hope your mom doesnt hex me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see what I can do about keeping the hexing to a minimum!

    ReplyDelete