100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tinkering...

So, I ended up tinkering with the wreath stamp and I think I made the right decision. I worked on both the wreath and the stocking stamp tonight and about half way through carving the stocking I started to seriously question the level of detail I had drawn in the pattern. Also complicating matters was the fact that I decided to twist the blade as I cut to try and produce a 'stitched look'.


To fix the wreath print, I carved out the bow and cleaned up the lines around the berries and pine cones to make everything stand out more. It's still not perfect, but the image is definitely clearer. I might try to carve another wreath and incorporate some of the lessons learned from this one. And there's definitely some good potential for a pine/Christmas tree too.


The stocking stamp wasn't as precise as I was hoping it would be, especially after all of the carving. However, it is fun and cute. I'm thinking that it might be a candidate for a double print of green over red in the same technique that I used for my faux 3-D typewriters (Than reminds me, I've got to return to that experiment). For now I'll just have to settle for my side-by-side, red and green test prints.


Hopefully, I'll get a chance to perfect these two prints in the next few days. I do feel like I'm finally coming down with T's monster cold though, so we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment