100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Practice, Practice

After raiding my own family's black and white photos for inspiration, I was overjoyed to hear that my husband had just received an email with a bunch of old family photos from his uncle in India. The pictures are beautiful and are perfect for pen and ink sketches. Perfect, that is, until I try my unpracticed hand at them and end up making some serious (accidental) revisions.

For example, the photo below should, in theory, look like a member of T's family.

Things started off well...


...but, after a million tiny corrections, the result is somewhat less familiar.


Oh well, I'm still just practicing. And I love ink... even if it sometimes falls in giant splotches on my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment