100 THINGS
Click here to see my full list of goals for 2010

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Birthday Cake

I finished my goals list at three minutes to midnight last night... just under the wire!

Lucky for me, blogger dates posts from when they're started and not when they go live, so the list is dated January 1st. I was really surprised at how difficult it was to come up with 100 specific goals. When all my little projects are floating around in my head it feels like I have a thousand ideas that I don't have time to start or finish, but writing out the list helped me get a much better sense of what I really want to be working on.

After my race to finish the goals list, I didn't even try to scratch a goal off today. Instead, I was tearing around our kitchen preparing for T's birthday dinner. Chili in bread bowls (by special request) and a chocolate cake (from scratch!).

For our wedding anniversary, T's sister and her boyfriend sent us How To Cook Everything and, true to the title, it had a classic chocolate cake recipe. The icing was fantastic, but the cake ended up a little dry. Still good for a birthday wish though!

Happy birthday, my love! 2010 is off to a chocolaty start!

No comments:

Post a Comment